Student Complaint Process
At ICT we take student complaints seriously and want to get them resolved as quickly as possible. Please work with your local campus toward resolution using the below procedures.
If necessary, you may escalate your issue to our main Chamblee campus in Atlanta, GA and/or the listed institutional agencies for your state below.
5303 New Peachtree Road,
Chamblee, GA 30341
Student Complaint/Grievance/Appeal Procedures
Students shall have the right to appeal decisions of Campus officials and may present any problems or complaints through appropriate channels for resolution. The final institutional authority in all cases rests with the President of the Institution. The procedure for such appeal is listed below:
- A. The student’s problem/complaint should be discussed with the instructor or the staff member involved (within five working days).
- B. If the instructor or staff member is unable to resolve the situation at his/her level, the student and instructor should meet with the Education Coordinator/Director in an attempt to resolve the problem (within five working days).
- C. If the Education Coordinator/Director is unable to resolve the situation, the student should be directed to prepare a written complaint (within five working days) to be forwarded to the Director of Education. The Education Director should forward a summary of the problem to the Campus Director (within three days of receipt of written complaint).
- D. The Campus Director shall review the written complaint and the staff memo, examine pertinent files and records, set a date for a meeting with the student (within five working days), and notify appropriate personnel, if any, of the meeting. The Campus Director shall consult with the President, if necessary, to resolve the complaint.
- E. The Campus Director, after considering all pertinent facts presented at the meeting, shall arrive at a decision that will be communicated to the student within one working day.
- F. If the decision is disputed, all relevant information shall be forwarded to the President within one working day. The President will review the complaint and other information and render a binding decision within ten working days. The President’s decision shall be placed in the student’s file, and the student will receive a written response.
Students who have a grievance that has not been appropriately addressed or resolved may write to the appropriate institutional agency as follows:
Nonpublic Postsecondary Education Commission
2082 E. Exchange Pl., Suite 220
Tucker, GA 30084
Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education
Telephone: 502.573.1555 ext. 350
1024 Capital Center Dr., Suite 320
Frankfort, KY 40601-8204
Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
P.O. Box 12788
Capitol Station, Austin, TX 78711
Texas Workforce Commission
ICT has a Certificate of Approval from the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC).
These are the TWC-assigned school numbers for our Texas campuses.
- Pasadena Campus: S1086
- Southwest Houston Campus: S0420
- North Houston: S2094
These school’s programs are approved by TWC. Students must address their concerns about this school or any of its educational programs by following the grievance process outlined in the school’s catalog.
Schools are responsible for ensuring and documenting that all students have received a copy of the school’s grievance procedures and for describing these procedures in the school’s published catalog. If, as a student, you were not provided with this information, please inform school management.
Students dissatisfied with this school’s response to their complaint or who are not able to file a complaint with the school can file a formal complaint with TWC, as well as with other relevant agencies or accreditors, when applicable.
Career Schools & Colleges
101 East 15th St., Room 226T
Austin, TX 78778-0001