Commercial Refrigeration Program
Program Availability: Chamblee, GA (Main Campus) ONLY
Associate of Science Degree
This program offers the student a solid foundation in commercial refrigeration as it relates specifically to the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning industry. The program emphasizes advanced HVAC concepts such as controls, temperature programming, and computer fundamentals. The program is geared towards the student successfully obtaining the EPA and the North American Technicians Excellence (NATE) certifications upon completion of the program. The general education component is designed to broaden the student’s understanding of the issues that may impact his or her professional and personal development. The career goal is to prepare the graduate for employment as an HVAC/Refrigeration technician or associate engineer.
NOTE: Students who have completed the HVAC/R diploma program may take their studies to the next level by applying earned credits to the Associate of Science Degree in Commercial Refrigeration.
- Principles of Electrical Circuits
- Applied Principles of Electrical Circuits
- Customer Service and Safety
- Gas, Electric and Heat Pump Heating Systems
- Residential and Commercial Refrigeration Systems
- Essentials of NATE Certification *
- Applied Residential and Commercial Refrigeration Systems
- Advanced NATE Certification *
- Applied Gas, Electric and Heat Pump Heating Systems
- Refrigeration Management and EPA Certification*
- HVAC Controls and Systems
- NATE Light Commercial Refrigeration Certification *
- NATE Commercial Refrigeration Certification *
- Advanced Programmable Logic Controls
- Low Voltage Controls and Thermostats
People with these skill sets and certifications are among the most highly sought after in the HVAC and Refrigeration fields.
Upon Graduation, ICT assists all students in finding career related employment.
*Nationally recognized certifications earned through this program