For many people, getting an education can sometimes take a back seat to your more basic needs like – earning a living or taking care of a family member. It can be hard to imagine doing both at the same time. After all, there are only so many hours in a day, right? How will you afford it? Will it be worth it? If going to school is worth it, we’ve got 10 reasons why you should invest in your education!
- Better financial future – According to national studies, individuals with a college degree earn approximately 38% more than those with just a high school diploma. Not only that, people with a bachelor’s degree, reportedly earn an average of $1,000,000 more in additional earnings over their lifetime. An investment in your education is an investment in your future.
- Lower unemployment rates – According to National Center for Education Statistics, in 2019, the employment rate for 25- to 34-year-olds with a bachelor’s or higher degree was 87 percent versus 74% for those who had only completed high school. nd with a job market that is competitive and becoming more automated, getting a degree or diploma in a growing and in-demand industry like business systems, information technology, medical office administration or one of the various vocations that ICT prepares you for will create more than just a job, but a life-long career.
- Access to more jobs – An education gives you versatility. Most programs include valuable courses within them that help improve your communication, critical thinking, and people skills. Sometimes those skills are the ones that take you to the top in your field or give you access to a wider range of jobs. Whether you want to learn business systems, medical office administration, HVAC or one of the other vocations that ICT offers, you will have access to a growing job market with a growing demand for entry-level professionals.
- Control of your own destiny – No matter where you work, or what you do for a living, you will probably be reporting to someone. But a college degree or diploma can result in more career options, which can also give you more control when it comes to choosing a job that makes you happy to get out of bed in the morning. Having more options makes you happier because you can advance in your career and take on additional responsibilities. Don’t get trapped in a dead-end job, get your degree, or diploma and prepare for a life-long career.
- The benefits of benefits – Studies show that college graduates are more likely to receive employer sponsored retirement plans and health insurance than graduates of high school only. This can help you build out a 401K or use a health savings account to manage your finances and take advantage of your college education.
- Education doesn’t have an expiration date – Once you’ve acquired knowledge, it’s yours for a lifetime. College will help you lay a foundation that you can build upon throughout your career. Learning skills that people depend on gives you the power to earn. You can also supplement your education, achieve certification, and attend continuous educational courses to improve your knowledge. Knowledge really is power!
- An edge over the competition – With all things being equal, an education can be the thing that separates you from the competition when you’re trying to land the job of your dreams. Employers look for reasons to thin out the large number of resumes that they received for each and every position. Having a degree or diploma will bring you to the top of the stack and not allow an algorithm to disqualify you before the employer even sees your resume.
- Helps you build a powerful network – Getting an education can give you access to people from all walks of life. Not only can you build a powerful professional network, you have the potential to also build life-long friendships. Whether you are networking with classmates or instructors, having a solid network will help you advance in your career and may even offer life-long friendships.
- Your kids are more likely to go to college – A study from the US Education Department National Center for Education Statistics indicated that children whose parents received some sort of higher education were significantly more likely to attend college themselves.
- Education can enhance your life and your family’s life – Investing in your education is not just investing in yourself. The more you learn, the better your understanding of the world and the more likely you are to find a fulfilling, meaningful career that improves your life in more than monetary ways.
Knowledge really is power. That’s why getting an education can be the difference between earning a living and making a life. And with advances in technology, online learning and education assistance for students who qualify, you can get an education – even if you are punching a time clock.
Our programs allow you to get hands-on experience with lab work and externships, so you are ready to join the workforce and have experience on your resume. And whether or not you are approved for financial aid or VA benefits, we have payment plans that are flexible. We know that education is important, and we take pride in providing the right pathway for your educational success.
Start your journey to the next level today, by checking out the programs at ICT. With a variety of associate, bachelor’s degree, and certificate programs to choose from, ICT is helping students elevate their lives and brighten their futures with the power of education. Contact us today to learn more or to schedule a tour of a campus near you.